Saturday 10 March 2012

Back Tracking The Doctor


“Demons run when a good man goes to war
Night will fall and drown the sun
When a good man goes to war

Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and the dark will rise
When a good man goes to war

Demons run, but count the cost
The battle's won, but the child is lost”
― Steven Moffat

I'm backtracking a whole bunch of episodes of the new Doctor Who series to get ready for the new episodes coming up this spring. It's such a well written series I still can't get over how addicted I am to it. Some of my friends still refer to it as a show they liked when they were kids but won't watch the new one. Well, too bad. I'm hooked and I'm gonna tell the stories anyway, because they're brilliant!

Anyway, I added the poem from the Demons Run episode because I like it. It's cool. I want to add something like that to my D&D campaign to keep the group wondering while giving them clues to what's coming up and a kind of checklist of parts they've already completed.

I can remember an old campaign I ran back in the day when the players were going nuts trying to figure out what "Even a woman has a stony heart" meant.

Anyway, I wish you all a happy fish-fingers and custard.

----
Friar Greg

No comments: